We are a unique association of woodworking enthusiasts of all interests and skill levels, novice to expert, where information and techniques are shared. Once you’re a member of the association, you may attend any meetings of our three Groups. The Groups each hold monthly meetings, September through June, as follows:
1. Furniture & Cabinetmakers Group
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month @ 7-9pm
Location: Frontenac Secondary School in their woodworking classroom, 1789 Bath Rd (map)
2. Carvers & Sculptors Group
Meets twice a month at Lee Valley’s Kingston store’s Seminar Room, 616 Gardiners Road (map)
– Carvers’ Clutch, every 1st Wednesday of the month. These informal gatherings provide members an opportunity to work on any carvings or sculpters they wish. Clutches are conducted from 6:30 – 8:45pm (Members may gather any time after 6pm…)
– Monthly Meetings, every 4th Wednesday of the month. These are formal gatherings where members learn and share techniques aimed at improving their skills and enjoyment of the craft. Monthly meetings are conducted from 6:30 – 8:45pm (Members may gather any time after 6pm…)
3. Hand Tools Group
Meets the 1st Wednesday of the month @ 6:30-8:45pm
Location: Lee Valley’s Kingston store’s Seminar Room, 616 Gardiners Road (map)
Membership in the KWA
The annual membership fee is $35 and may be paid via interac E-transfer, or by cheque or cash at any Group meeting. Please complete the Member Application Form to become a new member.
Major Annual Events
- Symposium: This event focusses on expanding the knowledge and skills of our members – and out of town visitors. The event features presentations by exceptional wood artisans; always the 1st Saturday in April. We are in the earliest stages of the planning process for this year’s event, so stay tuned!
- Click here to see highlights from last year’s Symposium.
- Artistry in Wood Public Gallery: This event showcases the work of our members to the public. We are in the earliest stages of the planning process for this year’s event, so stay tuned!
- Last year’s event was conducted in concert with the Kingston Woodturners, featuring work by both associations. It was held on 10 June 2017. See here for the highlights.