SPECIAL INTEREST GATHERING – VACUUM VENEERING
Saturday, 7 January 2017, 9am – noon
- 843 Kananaskis Drive, Kingston (enter via the garage)
- RSVP Marty your intention to attend; ph. 343-363-8270
- Free event for all registered members (you may register at the event if not already a member)
This will be both a theory and practical demonstration, with more emphasis on the practical part. Here’s what will be covered:
- What is vacuum veneering?
- How may vacuum veneering be used to create veneered panels of any shape imaginable?
- What equipment and material are needed, where can they be purchased and how much do they cost?
- How is a vacuum veneering system operated?
- How may one design and build a mold?
- How may one prepare veneer for glueing, applying glue, and, loading the mold into the bag?
- … and much more!
There will be a mid-morning refreshment break.
Hope to see you there!