Fellow lovers of wood!
The event you’ve been waiting for all year is fast approaching. Kingston Wood Artisans Symposium 2018 will prove to be even better than ever, with a broader variety of presenters, more raffle prizes, and with both of our Platinum-level sponsors Fuji Industrial Spray Equipment Ltd. and Robert Bury & Associates on hand to answer any questions you may have of them and the extensive array of products they carry. And of course, having a full day of sharing camaraderie with others who love working with wood.
Here are the Highlights:
- When: Saturday, 7 April 2018, from 9am – 5pm. (Doors open at 8:30am)
- Where: Frontenac Secondary School, 1789 Bath Rd., Kingston, Ontario, Canada (map)
Six excellent Presenters:
(To see more about the Presenters or what will be covered in their Presentations, click on the Presenter’s name)
- Jacques Breau – End Grain Woodworks
- “Difficult box joinery: Double end grain corner joint”
- Linda Manzer – Manzer Guitars
- “The Group of Seven Guitar Project –
- When Woodwork meets Music meets Art”
- “The Group of Seven Guitar Project –
- Karen McBride– Woodkilton Studio
- “D is for Design”
- Mark Sheridan– Tributes in Wood and President of the Ontario Wood Carvers Association
- “Different Carving Styles”
- Vic Tesolin – Minimalist Woodworker
- “Inlay Techniques”
- Nick Verbree – Old Soldier Toolworks
- “A Blacksmith’s Thoughts on Metal for the Woodworker”
- The Schedule for the day can be found here.
- A listing of Symposium 2018 Sponsors can be found here.
Please note that photographing, videotaping or voice recording of presentations, by audience members, is strictly forbidden.
What else is Going On:
- Gallery Display, showcasing work done by the Presenters
- Prize draws exceeding $4,000 (you may purchase tickets during the event: $1 each, or 7 for $5)
- Sponsors on site
- sharing camaraderie with those who love working with wood.
$65 Registration Fee – same low rate as the past 2 years!
Special Registration Fee of $20 for Secondary School students (remember to bring along your student card, as you may be asked to show it).
Your registration fee includes free coffee or tea in the morning, plus a light lunch.
How to Register (3 Options):
- Interac e-Transfer. This form of registration is offered for those who bank on-line. To use it, log onto your account, select Interac e-Transfer (it’s usually shown in the same area as the other tabs for payments). Once there, you’ll need to add your own information in the “From” section, plus of course the amount of the registration fee you’ll be sending us. The “To” section is where you’ll put the info we require to complete your registration:
- For Recipient, enter: email@example.com If you’ve never send us payment in this manner, you’ll have to add us. And when you go to add us as a recipient, you’ll be asked to enter our email address (again, it is: firstname.lastname@example.org ) plus the password which will allow us to retrieve the payment. Enter the following: KWAKWA
- Then, in the Message box, enter your name, phone number and email address. Your contact info only be used if we need to contact you in regard to the event.
We do not offer PayPay nor any credit card payment options.
If you require assistance with Interac e-Transfers, contact Les at (613) 766-3008 and he’ll be happy to walk you through the process;
- By Mail: Contact Les at (613) 766-3008 for details on mailing in your registration (cheques, only); or
- In person at any KWA monthly meeting or gathering, or at the door (cheques or cash, only).
We look forward to receiving your registration and welcoming you on Saturday, 7 April to Kingston Wood Artisans Symposium 2018. If you have any questions or comments regarding this event or our association, please feel free to email our President, Marty Schlosser, at email@example.com or phone our Treasurer and Past-President, Les Clarke, at 613-766-3008.